Bangladesh Open University Admission 2014
About Bangladesh Open University
The need for an Open University in Bangladesh was felt long ago. The history of distance education in Bangladesh dates back to 1956, when the education Directorate was assigned with the responsibility for distribution of 200 radio receivers to educational institutions. This led to the creation of an Audio-Visual Cell and later the Audio-Visual Education Centre (AVEC in 1962). No further progress in distance education was made till 1971.
Bangladesh Open University Faculties
BOU’s 11 divisions are organised into seven schools:
- School of Education: programmes in education
- School of Social Science, Humanities and Language: programmes in languages (English and Arabic) and social science
- School of Business: programmes of BBA, PGDM, Regular MBA and Commonwealth Executive MBA/MPA
- School of Agriculture and Rural Development: programmes in agriculture and development studies
- School of Science and Technology: programmes in computer science, health and nursing
- School of Law: programmes in law and legal studies
- Open School: secondary school completion programmes
BOU is granted the authority to confer degrees under Clause 6(c) of the BOU Act 1992. BOU is recognised as a national university by the University Grants Commission of Bangladesh, a statutory body attached to the Ministry of Education.
The BOU is a founding and participating institution of the SAARC Consortium on Open and Distance Learning (SACODiL)
Bangladesh Open University has a very modern Library at its main campus, Board Bazar, Gazipur. It has a large collection of books , reference Materials and CD ROMs available for Teachers, Researchers, staff members and learners.
Library facilities are also extended to students at Regional Resource Centers ( RRC) situated in different location of the country. Through these RRC Students are provided all the available resource supports like Reading Room, Books, Journals and Audio/Video cassettes.
Thanks for visiting our site which is compatible of Universities Admission and details. We provide the best information about Bangladesh Open University Admissions 2014.
Official Website: Bangladesh Open University