About Government College University Lahore
Government College University Lahore will take pleasure in becoming the earliest educational institution of higher education in Pakistan. Founded in 1864, it planned at offering liberal education to the youngsters of the Subcontinent regardless of caste, color or creed. Ever considering its inception, our academia has stored pace with the transforming trends of the world.
Important Admission Date for Certificate in Painting 2014 in Department of Fine Arts
- Admission Start from 24-02-2014
- Last Date of Form Submission 03-03-2014
- Interviews will be condcuting Fine Arts Department at 10:00 AM 04-03-2014
- Final List of Candidates will be displaed in the Deparmtne of Fine Arts 05-03-2014
- Last Date of Fee Submission 07-03-2014
- Beginning of Classes 10-03-2014
- Course Fee is Rs 10,000/-
- Admission Form available at Askari Bank Ltd. 6-Chatteriee Road, Faqir Plaza, Urdu Bazar Branch Lahore.
Important Admission Date for Applied Physics, Physics, Biotechnology, Microbology, Physics, Chemistry in PhD Program
- Prospectus along with Admission get and Pay Rs 550/- in favour of “Treasurer, GC University Lahore”
- Last Date of Form Submission 28-02-2014
Science and Technology
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
Arts & Social Sciences Languages
- Clinical Psychology
- Business Accounting & Finance
- ESME Management
- Banking & Financial Economics
- Fine Arts
- Mass Communications
- Management Studies
- Philosophy & IDC
- Physical Education
- Political Science
Languages, Islamic & Oriental Learning
- Islamic Studies
Faculty of Engineering
- Engineering (Electrical Engineering)
Schools and Centers
- Abdus Salam School of Mathematical Sciences (ASSMS)
- Centre for Advanced Studies in Physics (CASP)
- Institute of Industrial Biotechnology (IIB)
- National Center for Mathematics (NCM)
- Sustainable Development Study Centre (SDSC)
- Only those applicants who have exceeded their Secondary School Certificate (SSC) Examination in the 2nd Annual 2010 and a Annual 2011 with at least 60% marks will be entitled to apply for admission.
- Candidates who have exceeded SSC (Tech) shall not be entitled for admission.
- The applicants must not be above 18 years of age on the last date of the invoice of applications.
- Only entitled applicants will be named for interview on dates mentioned in the list of the applicants entitled for admission.
- Those who have exceeded O-Level/ equivalent not from a Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education in Pakistan will be presented admission on the foundation of their operation in O Level/ equivalent examination and the merit of such applicants will be identified within themselves after transforming their grades of O’Level/equivalent in accordance to the subsequent formula:
Conversion Formula of O’ Level / equivalent grades.
- A= 85 marks A = 75 marks
- B = 63 marks C = 53 marks
- D = 40 marks E = 33 marks
Only those applicants will be entitled for admission who have exceeded the subsequent subjects in accessory to any other 3 subjects.
- Pak Studies
Marks will be computed for 8 subjects, including English, Pak Studies, Islamiyat
Admission on the groundwork of O-Level / equivalent will be made provisionally after the assertion of the result of those applicants who have exceeded O Level/ comparative examination in the years of admission. Distinct advertisements will seem in the National News Papers appealing application forms from such applicants. They shall not submit application forms coupled with the other applicants applying on the basis of their Board’s Matriculation results.
The admission on O’Level/equivalent basis will be verified after the Submission of Equivalence Certificate provided from the office of: “Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC)”.
Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions
Admission will be stringently on merit which shall be motivated on the basis of complete marks and interview.
- The candidate (Male/Female) applying for admission to BA/BSc (Hons) 4-years programme must have exceeded his/her HSSC in First Annual Examination of the year of admission or in the previous year of admission, with at least 50% Marks.
- The applicants for admission to BA/BSc (Hons) will be interviewed on the dates notified, and the applicants who keep on being absent will have no lay claim to admission, regardless of the marks they have attained in the HSSC Examination.
- The maximum age limit for a applicant seeking admission to BA/BSc (Hons) is twenty two (22) years.
- Applicants who select English Literature as their significant subject have to seem in an English Proficiency Test. If they don’t succeed to report the essential marks, they have to pick some other subject as their major, on the affliction that they do not fall short of the merit.
- For BSc(Hons) in Physics/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ BS(CS), the applicant must have exceeded his/her HSSC Examination with Mathematics from any Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education securing at least 50% marks.
- Diploma holders DAE/D. Com are not entitled to apply for admission to BA/BSc 4-Year (Hons) Programme apart from BSc(Hons) in Electronics provided by department of Physics.
- Applicant who exceeded ICom will be entitled for admission to BA/BSc 4-year (Hons. ) programme in only those subjects which are permitted by the involved department.
The students who search for admission on the basis of A-Level should also affix their result with the application form. They will have to post also equivalence certificate. They must have exceeded their A-Level Examination in at minimum 3 subjects. They will be offered admission on the base of their overall performance in A-Level/Equivalent Examinations and the merit of such applicants is identified amongst them after transforming their grades of ALevel/ Equivalent in accordance to the subsequent formula:
- A=85 Marks
- A = 75 Marks
- B = 63 Marks
- C = 53 Marks
- D = 40 Marks
- E = 33 Marks
Get latest updates of Admission of Government College University Lahore
Thanks for visiting our site which is compatible of Universities Admissions and details. We provide the best information about Government College University Lahore Admission 2014.
Official Website: Government College University