About Independent University Bangladesh (IUB)
The Independent University Bangladesh (IUB) was established in 1993.
It organized a 2nd campus at Chittagong in 1999 and is the 1st non-public university, in Bangladesh to lengthen its instructing facilities to the convey city of the country.
The Independent University Bangladesh (IUB) emblem signifies the philosophy on which the Independent University Bangladesh (IUB) is started: the very best of both worlds. The Blue Leaf presents the western tradition, Saffron Leaf the eastern. The Flame in the middle presents the functionality of the eastern and western customs and also delivers the concept of purity.
The saying of the Independent University Bangladesh (IUB) “Teacheth Man That Which He knew Not” is considered from the 5th passage of Sura Alak of the Holy Quran.
- There are two academic semesters namely, Autumn and Spring. Additionally students are also admitted for the brief Summer session lasting five weeks.
- The admission method for Autumn (the starting of the academics year) commences within the 1st week of July and comes to an end with the beginning of classes in the 2nd /3rd week of August.
- The admission method for Spring commences within the 1st week of December and concludes with the beginning of classes in the 3 rd week of January.
- The Admission Test for Summer takes place in the first week of May and ends with the beginning of classes in the 2nd week of June.
- HSC and SSC pass certificates with minimum CGPA of 3.00 in both
- O’ level in at least 5 subjects with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 and A’ level in at least 2 subjects with a minimum CGPA of 2.00
- International Baccalaureate / other equivalent degrees
- 12 class High School Diploma
- Provisional admission is offered to candidates awaiting results of HSC, A’ level & International Baccalaureate examinations.
- Exemption from Admission Test for the students with
- Minimum SAT-1 score of 1550
- Minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper based) or 213 (computer based) or 80 (internet based) or
- IELTS score of 5.5
- Students having Mathematics and English in A’level and scored grade ‘A’ will be exempted from the admission test.
- Exemption from foundation courses
- Students with a grade A in A’level English will be exempted from two foundation courses ENG 101 & ENG 102 & will earn credits for the 2 programmer.
- Students with a grade A in A’level Math will be exempted from one foundation course MAT 101 or MAT 102 & will earn credits for either of the program mes.
- Full tuition waiver to students with
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.8 (without 4th subject) on a scale of 5.0 in H.S.C. or
- Two ‘A’ grades in minimum 2 A’ Level subjects.
- 30% tuition fee waiver for students having GPA 5 in both SSC & HSC
- 100% tuition waiver to
Top 3 scorers in the Admission test
- Admission fee waiver to
Top 10 scorers in the Admission test
School of Business (BBA)
- General Management
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Management Information System (MIS)
- B.Sc. in Economics
School of Engineering & Computer Science (B.Sc.)
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computer Information System
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Electronic & Telecommunication Engineering
School of Environmental Science & Management (B.Sc.)
- Environmental Management
- Population Environment
- Land and Water Resources Management
School of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences (BSS)
- Media & Development Communication
- English Literature
School of Business
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
School of Engineering & Computer Science
- M.Sc. in Computer Science
- M.Sc. in Telecommunication Engineering
- M.Sc. in Computer Networks & Communication
- M.Sc. in Software Engineering
School of Environmental Science & Management
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Master of Science in Environment Management
School of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences
- MSS in Development Studies
- MSS in Media & Communication
Address: Plot 16, Block B, Aftabuddin Ahmed Road, Bashundhara R / A, Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh
Tel: +88-02-8401790, 8401991, 8401645-52
Adress: Minhaz Complex, 12 Jamal Khan Road Chittagong, Bangladesh
Tel: +88-031-611262, 636 484, 622 946
Independent University Bangladesh Schools
- School of Business
- School of Engineering & Computer Science
- School of Environmental Science & Management
- School of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences
Thanks for visiting our site Which is compatible of Universities Admissions and details. We provide the best information about Independent University Bangladesh (IUB) Admissions 2014.
Official Website: www.iub.edu.bd
Type: Private, Coeducational