About/ World Ranking:
This Quaid-i-Azam University Islamabad was organized as QAU Islamabad within an Act of National Assembly passed in July, 1967. It commenced educating and research course for M. Phil & Ph. D. degrees. Soon after on, it was made a decision to start M. Sc. degree program for graduates from all areas of the country, based on local quota. The QAU Islamabad was housed primarily in rented houses in Satellite Town, Rawalpindi and changed to its irreversible Campus in October 1971.
Important 2015 Spring Admission Date for Master Programs in Faculty of Natural Sciences, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Social Sciences, MBA 1.5 Years
- Admission Start from 15 Dec
- Last Date of Form Submission is 31 Dec
- Date of Document Submission is 09 Jan in case of any incomvience on payment of Rs 1000/-.
- Display of 1st Merit List 14 Jan
- Dispaly of 2nd Merit List 21 Jan
- Display of 3rd Merit List 28 Jan
- Display of Final Merit List 02 Feb
Entry Test Date
- Chemistry 05 Jan at 09:30 AM
- International Relations 05 Jan at 11:30 AM
- Political Science 05 Jan at 01:30 PM
- Information Technology 06 Jan at 09:30 AM
- Psychology 06 Jan at 09:30 AM
- Linguitics 06 Jan at 11:30 AM
- History 07 Jan at 09:30 AM
- Sociology 07 Jan at 11:30 AM
- Computer Sciences 08 Jan at 09:30 AM
- Physics 08 Jan at 11:30 AM
- Electronics 08 Jan at 01:30 PM
- Detance & Strategic Studies 06 Jan at 11:30 AM
QAU Islamabad is composed of 4 faculties and subsequent departments are connected with these faculties:
Faculty of Natural Sciences:
- Computer Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Institute of Information Technology
Faculty of Social Sciences:
- School of Management Sciences
- Defence and Strategic Studies
- School of Economics
- Department of History
- Department of International Relations
- Taxila Institute of Asian Civilizations
- Faculty of Biological Sciences
- Animal Sciences
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Plant Sciences
- Department of Bio Technology
- National Center for Bioinformatics
Eligibility of MSC:
A individual possessing a Bachelor’s degree from a Pakistani university, or an comparative degree from any other acknowledged QAU Islamabad , with at minimum a 2nd division or its comparative grade, is entitled for admission to the Master’s programme of study.
The applicants with Bachelor degrees demanding more than 2 years duration after intermediate such as BBA, B. Sc. (Hons), B. C. S. three years and B. Ed. or qualified degrees viz. MBBS, B. Sc. Engg. B. E. B. Sc. (Pharmacy) Agriculture, Marine Technology and Naval Sciences are also entitled for admission to M. Sc. Program subject to the condition that they will not state any exemption/relative in the programs of studies or time-span of studies (2 years period 4 semesters).
Each applicant shall produce an application for admission on a approved form in reaction to an advertisement.
- Admission is designed on the groundwork of merit and local quota.
- The merit is established on the basis of academic report. The formula for determining merit is as under: -
- MOAC = 800 x (MOF/TM + MOB/-TM) + HQ
- MOAC = Marks of Academic Career out of 1600
- MOF = Marks obtained in F. A. /F. Sc.
- MOB = Marks obtained in B. A/. B. Sc. /B. Com/B. B. A.
- TM = Total Marks in the relevant Examination
- HQ = Hafiz Quran (20 marks)
- All the admissions are authorised by the Dean of the Faculty involved on the suggestions of the Admission Committee of the QAU Islamabad .
- The Academic Council may recommend other criteria for finding out merit for entrance from hour and hour. (d) Admission to 1 department shall not give a student a right to migrate to a further department.
Thanks for visiting our site which is compatible of Universities Admissions and details. We provide the best information about Quaid-i-Azam University Islamabad Admission 2014.
Official Site: Quaid-i-Azam University Islamabad