About/ World Ranking:
This Quaid-i-Azam University Islamabad was organized as QAU Islamabad within an Act of National Assembly passed in July, 1967. It commenced educating and research course for M. Phil & Ph. D. degrees. Soon after on, it was made a decision to start M. Sc. degree program for graduates from all areas of the country, based on local quota. The QAU Islamabad was housed primarily in rented houses in Satellite Town, Rawalpindi and changed to its irreversible Campus in October 1971.
Important Admission Date for M.Phil
- Last Date of Form Submission 08 Aug 2014
- Physics, Microbiology, Mathematics, Animal Sciences, Chemistry, Economics should be held on 18 Aug at 09:30 AM
- Environmental Sciences, DSS, Biochemistry, Statistics, Anthropology should be held on 19 Aug at 09:30 AM
- International Relation held on 19 Aug at 11:30 AM
- Pakistan Studies, Plant Sciences should be held on 18 Aug at 11:30 AM
- Biotechnology Test should be held on 20 Aug at 09:30 AM
- Computer Science should be held on 20 Aug at 11:00 AM
- Psychology, Asian Studies, Bioinformatics should be held on 21 Aug 2014 at 09:30 AM
Important Admission Date for Ph.D
- Last Date of Form Submission 08-08-2014
- Chemistry, Physics shoud be held on 18 Aug 09:30 AM
- Computer Science shoud be held on 20 Aug at 11:00 AM
- Mathematics, Microbiology shoud be held on 25 Aug at 09:30 AM
- Economics, Environmental Sciences, Pakistan Studies shoud be held on 25 Aug at 11:30 AM
- Bioinformatics shoud be held on 25 Aug at 01:30 PM
- DSS, Animal Sciences, Statistics shoud be held on 26 Aug at 09:30 AM
- International Relations, Earth Sciences shoud be held on 26 Aug at 11:30 AM
- Anthropology, Pharmacy shoud be held on 27 Aug at 09:30 AM
- Electronics shoud be held on 27 Aug 11:30 AM
- Asian Studies (TIAC), Psychology, Plant Sciences should be held on 28 Aug 09:30 AM
- American Studies should be held on 28 Aug at 11:30 AM
Important Admission Date for Bachelor and Master Programs 2014
- Last Date of Form Submission for Undergraduate Porgrams is 22-08-2014
- Display of 1st result 09 Sep
- Display of 2nd result 15 Sep
- Display of 3rd result 22 Sep
- Display of 4th result 26 Sep
- Last Date of Form Submission for Graduate Prorgams is 24-07-2014
- Display of 1st Merit list 25 Aug
- Display of 2nd Merit list 01 Sep
- Display of 3rd Merit list 04 Sep
- Display of 4th Merit list 08 Sep
- Dispaly of 5th Merit list 11 Sep
- Get Admission and pay Rs 1100/- at HBL and Askari Bank Branches located in QAU or
- Download Admission Form for MS Admissions
- Download Admission Form for BS
QAU Islamabad is composed of 4 faculties and subsequent departments are connected with these faculties:
Faculty of Natural Sciences:
- Computer Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Institute of Information Technology
Faculty of Social Sciences:
- School of Management Sciences
- Defence and Strategic Studies
- School of Economics
- Department of History
- Department of International Relations
- Taxila Institute of Asian Civilizations
- Faculty of Biological Sciences
- Animal Sciences
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Plant Sciences
- Department of Bio Technology
- National Center for Bioinformatics
Eligibility of MSC:
A individual possessing a Bachelor’s degree from a Pakistani university, or an comparative degree from any other acknowledged QAU Islamabad , with at minimum a 2nd division or its comparative grade, is entitled for admission to the Master’s programme of study.
The applicants with Bachelor degrees demanding more than 2 years duration after intermediate such as BBA, B. Sc. (Hons), B. C. S. three years and B. Ed. or qualified degrees viz. MBBS, B. Sc. Engg. B. E. B. Sc. (Pharmacy) Agriculture, Marine Technology and Naval Sciences are also entitled for admission to M. Sc. Program subject to the condition that they will not state any exemption/relative in the programs of studies or time-span of studies (2 years period 4 semesters).
Each applicant shall produce an application for admission on a approved form in reaction to an advertisement.
- Admission is designed on the groundwork of merit and local quota.
- The merit is established on the basis of academic report. The formula for determining merit is as under: -
- MOAC = 800 x (MOF/TM + MOB/-TM) + HQ
- MOAC = Marks of Academic Career out of 1600
- MOF = Marks obtained in F. A. /F. Sc.
- MOB = Marks obtained in B. A/. B. Sc. /B. Com/B. B. A.
- TM = Total Marks in the relevant Examination
- HQ = Hafiz Quran (20 marks)
- All the admissions are authorised by the Dean of the Faculty involved on the suggestions of the Admission Committee of the QAU Islamabad .
- The Academic Council may recommend other criteria for finding out merit for entrance from hour and hour. (d) Admission to 1 department shall not give a student a right to migrate to a further department.
Thanks for visiting our site which is compatible of Universities Admissions and details. We provide the best information about Quaid-i-Azam University Islamabad Admission 2014.
Official Site: Quaid-i-Azam University Islamabad