Thapar University (TU) was founded on 8 October 1956 as an Engineering College referred to as Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology. At Thapar University we endeavor to preserve an atmosphere that boosts scholarly questions and exploration, a character of imaginative freedom and a deep determination to academic superiority. We observe our students as distinctive individuals with distinct pursuits and goals.
- Department of Biotechnology & Environment Sciences (BTESD)
- Department of Chemical Engineering (CHED)
- Department of Civil Engineering (CED)
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSED)
- Department of Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering (EIED)
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECED)
- Department of Mechanical Engineering Department (MED)
- Department of Distance Education (DDE)
Admissions Offered for 2104
How To Apply
- Applicants searching for admission in Thapar University shall complete the on-line form accessible on our web page www.thapar.edu.Kindly fill the comprehensive information and then take the offline out of the form and insert a latest passport size coloured photo.
- Application fee paid out Online: Post the printout of form.
- Application fee paid out through DD: Send the printout by affixing the essential amount of DD (in prefer of Thapar University and payable at Patiala).
- The unique certificates and set of attested duplicates of the certificates are essential to be developed at the time of document examining.
- Every applicant must indicate in his/her application the kind of seat for which he/she wants to apply. A copy of the certificate of the appropriated category (if applicable) shall be affixed.
- Application finished in all aspects should attain the INCHARGE ADMISSION CELL, THAPAR UNIVERSITY, PATIALA -147004, on or before the last approved date of the particular programmes.
- Imperfect application in any manner and attained after the due date/time will be rejected. The University does not take any accountability for postal delay or loss in transit of the application form.
- The specimen of the format of the essential certificates are accessible on our website for the advice of applicants. Each certificate must be posted on the approved format and must be released by the experienced authority as described, under proper seal/stamp of their office on a date prior to or on the continue date for submitting of application form.
Eligibility for Admission
A applicant shall be entitled for admission in the UG programmes subject to the subsequent circumstances:
- Applicant has exceeded 10+2 or comparative examination with at minimum 60% marks (55% for SC/ST applicants) in aggregate of 3 subjects, specifically, Physics, Mathematics and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology and Computer Science.
- Applicant has competent AIEEE-2012 with at minimum 20% aggregate marks (15% for SC/ST applicants). This clause shall not be relevant for the seats at 3. 3 (i. e. for over and above seats).
- Applicant offers a good moral character.
- Applicant is a citizen of India.
- Applicant is given birth to on or after October 1, 1987 (5 years leisure in age for SC/ST/PH applicants).
Important Information about Admission
The application form is accessible on www.thapar.edu. Kindly fill up the finished details and then consider the print out of the form. Insert a recent passport size photo on it. You can spend the the essential total online or affix DD (in prefer of Thapar University and payable at Patiala) and give it to “Incharge Admission Cell’ Thapar University, Patiala (Punjab)-147004. Applicants lodging serious money, total fee through State Bank of Patiala (SBOP) must type in total details in ‘Fee Verification Slip’ (FCS) accessible at the University web page on or before the individual prescribed last date. In event, a applicant neglects to enter the information, his/her candidature will be terminated.
Instructions for Entry Test
- Entrances test of all programs other her than BE shall be executed ONLINE.
- Admissions in BE/BTech in the 2nd semester of session 2012-13 and PhD admissions in the 2nd semester shall also be executed ONLINE.
- Applicants shall be able to create ‘Admit Card’ as per timetable given in Table-A offered their DD coupled with print out of application form grows to Thapar University in period. The login id and password developed by applicant at the period of completing the application form shall be utilised to register for creation of Admit card.
- After registering, the applicant shall take out 2 print outs of ‘Admit Card”, paste most current photo on each and then come to the Entry test centre. Alongwith admit cards, the candidate will also carry any one of the identity proof (Original) with him/her like Passport/Voter I Card/ PAN Card/ Driving License. One duplicate of the Admit card shall be maintained by the Entry Test centre.
- The applicant shall continue the other duplicate (duly established by the examiner at test centre) to be demonstrated at the period of document checking.
- While organise for ONLINE entry test on our web page, the applicant shall choose entry test centre of his/her selection from the accessible list and any one slot accessible in the test span offered above i. e. (June 20 – 25, 2012). Once slot is selected, it can’t be improved thereafter.
- Thapar University shall also mail ‘Admit Card’ by email at the e mail address offered in the application form.
- Completing of valid mobile number is mandatory.
- Every applicant will be essential to post exploration proposal within 6 months, duly advised by the Supervisor(s), after flourishing conclusion of the course work.
- Exploration proposal will be posted to the involved Head of the Department/School. In event of non-submission of proposal within the given period, DoRSP on the recommendations of the Supervisor and Head of the Department/School may grant an extendable for a highest period of 6 months.
- If the candidate fails to submit the engagement even during the longer period her/his admission will be terminated. In case the engagement is refused by the URB, he may resubmit it within next 6 months commencing the date of achieving of URB failing which her/his admission will be terminated.
Thanks for visiting our site which is compatible of Universities Admissions and details. We provide the best information about Thapar University Admission 2014.
Official Site: www.thapar.edu
Founded: 1 956