The UAF, Faisalabad initially the Punjab Agricultural College and Investigation Institute, Lyallpur, is a university in the city of Faisalabad, Punjab, Pakistan. UAF is the biggest university in Asia.
The revenue made a plea for the establishment of an agricultural university for research and education in agriculture. It was organized by improvement the former Punjab Agricultural College and Research Institute in 1961. Lately in 2011 the UAF has presented “golden jubilee ceremony” on setting up its 50 years of superiority in the field of agriculture and research.
Important 2015 Last 2nd Entry Test Admission Date for Undergraduate Programs
- Last Date of Registration 29th May
- Entry Test 07th June at 10:30 AM
Get Admission Form from website and pay Bank Draft of Rs 700/- in favour of Agriculuture University Faisalabad.
Important Admission Date for B.Sc in Agriculture, Food, Textile Technology, Environmental, Energy System Engineering DVM 2014
- Last Date of Form Submission 08-09-2014
- Entry Test Should be held on 11Sep for Engineering and 15 Sep for DVM
- Display of Test Result on Faculty on 13 Aug for Engineering and 17 Aug for DVM
- Applicants who plan to appear in tests schedule on 20-08-2014 and 22-08-2014 are re-appear in this 2nd year.
- Get Admission From and submit fee Rs 1,000/- in NBP, MCB or through Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Treasure, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad
Important Admission Date for BBA in Agribusiness
- Admission Start from 25-07-2014
- Last Date of Form Submission 06-08-2014
- Entry Test should be held on 11-08-2014 at 10:00 AM at UA, Faisalabad
- 1st Merit List should be display on 20 Aug
- 2nd Merit List 26th Aug
- 3rd Merit List 2nd Sep
- Get Admission Form and pay bank draft of Rs 2,500 in favour of the Treasure University of Agriculture, Faisalabad.
- Per Semester Fee Rs 55,000/-
Faculty of Agriculture:
The Faculty of Agriculture is the greatest faculty in the UAF both by national infrastructure and the student’s strength. Academically it consists 6 departments e. g. Agronomy, Plant Breeding and Genetics, Agricultural Entomology, Plant Pathology, Crop Physiology and Forestry, Wildlife & Range Management.
- Short Courses
- Agri. Entomology
- Crop Physiology
- Plant Pathology
- Plant Breeding & Genetics
- Forestry, Range Management & Wild Life
- Horticultural Sciences
- Soil and Environmental Sciences
Faculty of Veterinary Science:
Faculty of Veterinary Science has been trying to play a substantial role in awakening the animals and poultry output in the country since 1962. The Faculty has so far taught 1935 Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) graduates, 1375 M. Sc. and 39 Ph. D. ‘s.
- Physiology & Pharmacology
- Clinical Medicine & Surgery
Faculty of Animal Husbandry:
The Faculty of Animal Husbandry consists 3 Departments, Viz. Animal Breeding and Genetics, Livestock Management and Poultry Husbandry.
- Short Courses
- Animal Breeding & Genetics
- Livestock Management
- Poultry Science
- Animal Nutrition & Feed Technology
Faculty of Agricultural Engineering & Technology:
The Faculty of Agricultural Engineering & Technology was organized in 1961 when the Punjab Agriculture College, Lyallpur was given the standing of UAF, Lyallpur.
- Farm Machinery and Power
- Fibre and Textile Technology
- Irrigation & Drainage
- Structures & Environmental Engineering
- National Institute of Food Science and Technology
Faculty of Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology:
The Faculty of Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology, organized in 1963,, with its constituent departments of Agricultural Economics, Farm Management, Agricultural Marketing, Cooperation and Credit and Rural Sociology, has now been performance for over 39 years in the University of Agriculture, Faisalabad.
- Agricultural Economics
- Development Economics
- Rural Sociology
- Environmental And Resource Economics
- Institute of Business Management Sciences
Divisional of Education & Extension:
The Department of Education and Extendable is composed of the departments of Agricultural Extension, Agricultural Education, Continuing Education and Rural Home Economics besides an Agriculture Information Centre (AIC).
- Institute of Horticultural Sciences
- National Institute of Food Science and Technology
- Institute of Soil & Environmental Sciences
- Institute of Animal Nutrition & Feed Technology
- Institute of Microbiology
- Institute Business Manage
- Post Grduate
- Toba Tek Singh
- Dera Ghazi Khan
- BS Bio-Informatics
- BS Computer Science
- BS Information Technology
- BS Software Engineering
- Associate Degree in Feed Technology
- Associate Degree in Farm Management
- Associate Degree in Education
The library signifies an excellent facility to fulfill the dictates of the University’s hire of campaign of education and research in the field of agriculture and associated areas. The University of Agriculture regrettably had a weak commencing with only 24975 volumes, out of which 14657 were books, 3691 journals in bounded form, 1911 reports and 4716 bulletins.
The office of the Hall Warden is made it simpler for by 3 Associate Hall Wardens. Each hall is administrated locally by a Hall Superintendent helped by one/two Assistant Superintendents who have to dwell in Halls. Hall senate also arranges residence for students and personnel on tours to University of Agriculture, Faisalabad from all about the country.
The following degree courses are offered:
First Degree Courses:
- B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture: 8-semester programme after F.Sc. (Pre-Medical)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) Faisalabad: 10-semesters programme after F.Sc (Pre-Medical)
- B.Sc (Hons) Animal Husbandry: 8-semester programme after F.Sc. (Pre-Medical)
- B.Sc. Agricultural Engineering: 8-semester programme after F.Sc. (Pre-Engineering),
- B.Sc. (Home Economics): 4-semester programme after F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) for female students.
Postgraduate Degree Programmes:
- M.Sc./M.Sc. (Hons.) four semesters, offered in 35 subjects, after completing first degree course,
- M.Phil. in pure science four semesters, offered in five subjects after completing M.Sc. in the relevant subject,
- Ph.D., offered in 28 subjects, four semesters, after completing M.Sc. in the relevant subject
Diploma and Certified Courses:
The following diploma courses are offered:
- C.T. Agriculture (boys)
- Diploma in Rural Home Economics (girls)
- Diploma in Arabic
- Mali Class
- Veterinary Assistant Diploma Course
- Diploma in Grain Storage Management
- Postgraduate Diploma Course in Food Science (for Army personnel)
- Agricultural Business Management
- Computer Science
- Pre-release training course (for Army personnel).
Thanks for visiting our site which is compatible of Universities Admissions and details. We provide the best information about University of Agriculture Admissions 2015.
Official Website: University of Agriculture Faisalabad
Founded: 1906, upgraded in 1961
Type: Education and Research