University of Dhaka Admissions 2012
University of Dhaka PhD Student
The Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (hereinafter called the Ph.D. degree) shall be awarded by the University of Dhaka in recognition of the successful completion by a candidate of a program of advanced study and research and acceptance by the Academic Council of the thesis submitted by the candidate after a period of at least two years of registration at the University of Dhaka for the Ph.D. degree.
Important Admission Date 2012-13
- Admission Test of Undergraduate will be held on 30-11-2012 at 10:00 am
University of Dhaka Regulations
University of Dhaka Qualifications for Admission
A candidate for admission to the Ph.D. programme of a Department or of an Institute must fulfill the following admission requirements
- The candidate must possess the M.Phil. Degree of the University of Dhaka or of a recognized university. Provided that an M.Phil. Student of this University of Dhaka who has successfully completed the first year courses of studies and has passed the M.Phil. Part I Examination he/she may be transferred to the Ph.D. programme on the recommendation, if his/her supervisor (s) certifying satisfactory progress of research work and the Academic Committee of the Department/institute concerned and on approval of the Board of Advanced Studies and the Academic Council. In the cases of Institutes, applications for such transfer will be processed through the Committee of Advanced Studies/Academic Committee of the Institute concerned as the case may be.
University of Dhaka Admission
- Candidates for admission to the courses of studies for the M. Phil. degree must possess a First Class or Second Class Master’s degree or an equivalent to of this university or of a recognized university and shall have at least Second Division/Class in all earlier examinations (S.S.C, [ and graduate examinations). The qualification may he relaxed by the Academic Council on the Recommendation of the Academic Committee of the Department/Institute in exceptional cases.
- The Master’s Degree must be in the subject concerned or in a related subject permitted by the Board of Advanced Studies and the Academic Council.
- A candidate for the M. Phil. degree will be registered for two academic sessions. (iv) The application for admission to the M Phil. programme must be recommended by the supervisor (s) and the Academic Committee of the Department/Institute concerned.
- On the recommendations of the Board of Advanced Studies about NI. Phil. admission, the Academic Council shall give the final approval.
- Any change of the supervisor or the topic of dissertation will have to be recommended by the Academic Committee of the concerned Department/Institute and approved by the Board of Advanced Studies and the Academic Council. A separate prescribed form shall be used for this purpose.
- Candidates admitted to the M.Phil. Courses shall be full-time students of the University of Dhaka. Candidates serving in any organization including the University of Dhaka shall take leave of absence for at least one year at the time of M. Phil. course. Provided that this requirement may he relaxed by the Academic Council on the recommendation of the Academic Committee of the Department! Institute concerned in the cases of applicants of the institutions of higher education or research organizations.
- The Departments/Institutes will prescribe the Courses of Studies which must be approved by the Faculty/Board of Governors, the Board of Advanced Studies and the Academic Council.
University of Dhaka Examination
- Students for the M. Phil. degree shall at the end of the first year of their admission appear at a written examination of 200 marks (number of courses to be determined by the Department/Institute concerned) and at an oral examination of 100 marks. The Controller of Examinations will fix the date and time of the written examination in consultation with the Chairman of the Examination Committee.
- Will be two paper-setters for each paper/course including the course teacher.
- Each paper will be examined by two examiners including the course teacher.
- For the first year examination there shall be an Examination Committee consisting of four members three internal members of whom one will be the Chairman and one external member, Provided that more than one Committee may be appointed depending on the nature of the courses offered by the Department/Institute.
Thanks for visiting our site which is compatible for Universities Admissions and details.
Thanks for visiting our site which is compatible of Universities Admissions and details. We provide the best information about Newports Institute of Communications and Economics Admission 2012 University of Dhaka PhD Student, University of Dhaka Ordinance, University of Dhaka Regulations, University of Dhaka Admission, University of Dhaka Admission Information For M.PHIL Student, University of Dhaka Qualifications for Admission
Official Website: University of Dhaka
Type: Public, Coeducational