University of Jaffna Sri Lanka Admission
About University of Jaffna Sri Lanka
University of Jaffna Sri Lanka Grants Commission at its meeting held on 11 June 1999 approved the establishment of a Faculty of Graduate Studies at the University of Jaffna Sri Lanka to promote and to co-ordinate Postgraduate Programmes at this University of Jaffna Sri Lanka. The Faculty of Graduate Studies is committed to excellence in teaching, research and scholarship in diverse fields of advanced learning to be of service to the Country.
University of Jaffna Sri Lanka Faculty of Medicine
University of Jaffna Sri Lanka Vision of Faculty
- To be a leading centre of excellence in teaching learning, research and scholarship in the field of medicine.
University of Jaffna Sri Lanka Mission of Faculty
- To be a leading centre of excellence which produces intellectual, competent, compassionate and dedicated health care professionals to meet the emerging needs of the local, national and international community.
University of Jaffna Sri Lanka Outcomes of the Medical Courses
At the end of the MBBS course the graduate should:
- Possess sound knowledge, skills and attitudes required for patient care.
- Be competent in health promotion and disease prevention.
- Possess good communication and inter personnel skills.
- Possess IT skills required for medical practice, self learning and research.
- Be able to demonstrate administrative and management skills.
- Be able to carry out medico legal responsibilities.
- Be able to function as a leader and a team member.
- Be a self learner committed to continuous professional development
- Apply the principles of ethical practice in personal and professional life.
- Be able to teach and train.
- Plan, conduct and report research.
- Develop as reflective professional.
University of Jaffna Sri Lanka Study Program
University of Jaffna Sri Lanka Degree of Bachelor Medicine & bachelor Surgery
The course is divided into four phases and each phase is completed with an end of course examination. The Preclinical course is conducted during the Phase I. It comprises of an introductory Phase of 4 weeks and four terms of 10-11 weeks duration. The fifth term is dedicated for the first examination for Medical degrees: as this examination is a bar examination to proceed to Phase II, the examination is held twice during this period. The students proceed to Phase II only after passing the first examination.
During Phase II students go for clinical courses at the Teaching Hospital in the mornings and for Para-clinical course in the afternoons at the Faculty. Phase II will end with the Part I of the Second Examination for Medical Degrees. Phase III goes on with clinical courses in the mornings and Para-Clinical courses in the afternoons and ends with Part II of the Second Examination for Medical Degrees. Phase IV comprises Clinical courses exclusively. There will be an 8 week elective appointment followed by as OSCE before starting the Professorial appointments. The MCQ for the final examination is set by a combined panel of examiners from all Medical Faculties and the marks of this MCQ and Clinical examination are computed to prepare the common merit list of the graduates from all Faculties of Medicine in the Island.
University of Jaffna Sri Lanka Address
- Address: University of Jaffna, P.O.Box 57, Thirunelvely, Jaffna, Sri Lanka.
- Telephone: 021-222-2483 (Exchange)
- Fax: 021-222-2294
Thanks for visiting our site which is compatible of Universities Admissions and details. We provide the best information about University of Jaffna Sri Lanka Admission 2014.
Official Site: University of Jaffna Sri Lanka