University of Mumbai India, Admissions
University of Mumbai Introduction
The University of Mumbai (recognized previously as University of Bombay) is on the list of most well-known and most recognized Universities in India. It was founded in 1857 major upon “Wood’s Education Dispatch”, and it is one among the first 3 Universities in India.
As a sequel to the adjust in the name of the city from Bombay to Mumbai, the name of the University has been transformed from “University of Bombay” to “University of Mumbai“, vide notification issued by the Government of Maharashtra and publicized in the Government Gazette out dated 4th September, 1996.
University of Mumbai account designed out in 150 years of its functioning attests to its a lot more triumphs as the cerebral and moral powerhouse of the community. University of Mumbai has generally given its ideal to the country in normal and to the city of Mumbai in specific by graciously carrying an ever-growing load of social ideals and possibilities.
Primarily, the University of Mumbai gathered its initiatives on curbing teaching at the undergraduate level and in conducting examinations. Later on it took up analysis and the task of providing instructions at the Post-Graduate level. This resulted in the organization of the University Departments starting with the School of Sociology and Civics & Politics. The self-reliance of the country led to the re-corporation of the functions and powers of the University of Mumbai with the passing of the Bombay University Act of 1953.
It is now the usage of a 5 Star reputation by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). It has 2 campuses of area 230 acres and 13 acres, with 1. 25 million square feet of built-up area, 22 thousand sq. feet of class-rooms and 84 thousand sq feet of laboratory space. It has 2 post-graduate centers, 354 affiliated colleges and 36 Departments. It has organized its name in commercial collaborations and runs a variety of specialized programs.
At national level, University of Mumbai has excelled in sports activities, cultural and out-reach pursuits. In the last 5 years it has seen 104% increase in under-graduate students, 112% increase in post-graduate learners and 147% increase in range – education learners by the University of Mumbai. There is 156% raise in the number of analysis papers published in Foreign journals. 12 Department/sections are regarded under various national programs, such as SAP / CAS / DRS / DSA / COSIST / FIST. More than 80 professors are on various specialized bodies are now teaching in the University of Mumbai.
18 National / International awards are won by lecturers in the last 5 years by the University of Mumbai. Yearly about 20 professors of University of Mumbai visit to foreign countries for educational activities. Lately more than 10 self-supporting programs have been commenced by the University of Mumbai.
University of Mumai Faculties
Below are the faculties of University of Mumbai:
University of Mumbai Faculty of Arts
- Department of Lifelong Learning and Extension
- Centre for Disaster Management
- Communication And Journalism
- Fine Arts
- Library Science
- Language, Linguistics and Literature
- Management Studies
- Physical Education
- Physical Education and Sports
- Social Science
University of Mumbai Faculty of Commerce
- Alkesh Dinesh Mody Institute of Investment studies
- Department of Commerce
University of Mumbai Faculty of Law
- Department of Law
University of Mumbai Faculty of Science
- Centre for Nanosciences and Nanotechnology
- Department of Physics
- Department of Bio-Physics
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Geography
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Life Sciences
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Statistics
University of Mumbai Faculty of Technology
- Department of Chemical Technology
University of Mumbai Other Academics Departments / Institutes
- Academy for Administrative Services
- Alkesh Dinesh Mody Institute of Management Studies
- Centre for Extra-Mural studies
- Department of Student welfare Vidyapeeth Vidhyarthi Bhavan
- Dr. Ambedkar Center for Social Justice
- Garware Institute of Career Education & Development
- Gurudev Tagore Chair of Comp. literature
- Indo-Canadian Studies Centre
- Institute of Science (Managed by Govt. of Maharashtra)
- Ratnagiri Sub-Centre
- UGC Academic Staff College
- Western Regional Instrumentation Centre
University of Mumbai Academics
University of Mumbai Admission
Please Visit Faculties Page for Admission Information of various Departments
Following Services are coming soon. . .
- Apply Online for Eligibility
- Online Admission (IDE Only) [View Guidelines]
- Online Admission (All) [View Guidelines]
- Apply Online for Enrolment
University of Mumbai Affiliation
University Affiliated Colleges
- Arts & Commerce
- Arts & Medical
- Arts & Science
- Arts & Science & Commerce
- B. Pharmacy.
- B. Sc. (Bio-Tech.)
- B. Sc. (Computer Science)
- B.Sc. (Hospitality Studies)
- B.Sc. Maritime Science
- B.Sc. (I.T.)
- Bachelor of Heritage Management
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- Banking Insurance and Account & Finance
- Engineering Colleges
- Financial Markets
- Fine Arts
- Home Science
- Institute of Aviation
- Management Studies
- Masters of Computer Application
- Nautical Science
- Physical Education
- Science and Commerce
- Social Work
- Special Education
- Master of Art’s (M.A.) Degree / Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.)
- M.SC./M.A./M.P HARM(BY RES)/ M.Arch/MFA PH.D. / PH. D.(Tech)
Services & Facilities
The University of Mumbai (Bombay) was organized in 1857. In August, 1864, Premchand Roychand, a service provider prince of Bombay, presented to the University a donation of Rs. 2, 00, 000 “toward the erectile of a university library which may be an ornament to the city, and by being a storehouse of t he acquired works, not only of the past but of many years to come, may be the means of offering the high ends of the University.
2 months later this gift was followed by an additional gift of Rs. 2, 00, 000 from the same donor for a clocktower in link with the library to perpetuate the recollection of his mother Mrs. Rajabai. The foundation-stone of the library and the Rajabai Clock tower was lay on March 1, 1869, and the work was finished in November 1878. It was officially approved to readers on February 27, 1880, after a conversazione by the Chancellor. The developing then housed not only the library but also the admin office and was also the location of the post-graduate lectures.
In 1879, the library consisted generally of the following collections: -
- lots of miscellaneous books (mostly historic and biographical) offered by the Government in 1864, when the aged library of the East India Organization, was eliminated to the India Office some of the books being separated among the Indian Universities.
- Dr. John Wilson’s Collection: This was bought in 1876 by the University from the heirs of Dr. Wilson (after whom the Wilson College is named) and consisted generally of Orientalia, and books on journey and theology
- books offered to the University.
Get latest updates of Admissions of University of Mumbai
Thanks for visiting our site which is compatible Universities Admissions and details.
Official Website: University of Mumbai
Founded: July 17, 1857