Introduction, Virtual University Admission 2016
The Virtual University, Pakistan’s 1st University dependent fully on modern Information and Communication Technologies, was set up by the Government as a public sector, not-for-profit institution with a clear vision: to offer highly inexpensive world class education to aspiring students throughout the state. Using free-to-air satellite tv broadcasts and the Online Internet, the Virtual University admissions permits students to follow its rigorous courses regardless of their physical places. It thus goals at alleviating the lack of power in the current universities while at the same time tackling the acute shortage of experienced professors in the country.
By identifying the best Professors of the country, regardless of their institutional affiliations, and requesting them to develop and deliver hand-crafted programs, the Virtual University goals at offering the best programs to not merely its own students but also to students of all other universities in the country.
- Beginning of Classes April 18
- 2 Years Master Programs for Master of Accounting
- Master of Accounting & Finance
- Master of Banking & Finance
- Master of Business Economics ( MBA-Economics)
- Master of Commerce (M.Com)
- Master of Business Studies (MBA)
- Master of Computer Science (MCs)
- Master of Finance, Master of Information Technology
- Master of Public Administration
Virtual University Admissions, Academics Programs:
Faculty of Management:
- BS (Business Administration)
- BS (Public Administration)
- BS (Management)
- BS (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Business & Information Technology (BBIT)
Faculty of Arts:
- BS (Accounting and Finance)
- BS (Commerce)
- BS (Commerce) for B.com degree holders
- BS (Mass Communication)
- BS (Psychology)
- BS (Banking & Finance)
It is 4-year full-time study course spread over 8 semesters. Each and every semester has at least 18 weeks duration for teaching and examinations etc
Virtual University Admissions Eligibility Requirements:
- Candidates for admission to all Bachelor of Science (BS) Courses and B. Ed (Hons) Elementary course should have passed with at minimum 45% marks, Intermediate (Part I and II, or equivalent examination), or I. Com or ICS or DAE or ‘A’ levels exams.
- The General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) ‘O’ levels and Institution Certificate (SC) exams are considered equal to Matriculation, and the GCE ‘A’ levels is considered equal to the Intermediate examination.
- For the GCSE (‘O’) and SC exams, grades in SIX subjects are considered.
- ‘A’ level applicants should have passed THREE subjects and needed to give equivalence from Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC), Islamabad.
SEMESTER WISE BREAKUP OF BS PROGRAMS:
BS (Computer Science), BS (Information Technology):
The Department of Computer Science provides a 4-year course leading to either a BS degree in Computer Science or in Information Technology. The specialization is determined by the selection of needed and elective programs consumed by a student. The courses are designed to meet the growing need for computer science / IT experts in the rapidly evolving 21st-century economy. Their vision is to offer graduates with a strong Computer Science / IT base that will allow them to capitalize on the improving career opportunities in the information technology sector, to expand the limitations of their knowledge by pursuing further more studies, and to explore modern techniques to computer or information technology relevant difficulties. These specializations offer highly demanded expertise, a great mobility and flexibility, and an impressive range of probable career options in the IT industry.
BS (Business Administration):
The bachelor’s degree course provides a progressive curriculum designed to teach business fundamentals and higher levels leadership skills. This specialization in business administration facilitates you develop the management, interpersonal, and professional skills you require to enhance your career.
Virtual University Admissions Schedule:
The virtual University of Pakistan provides admission 2 times in an academics year namely spring in the month of Jan/Feb and fall in the month of August/September each and every year (except MSCS that is provided in each and every fall session).
Virtual University Admissions Admission Procedure:
An applicant (Pakistani National) can acquire admission application form either from Virtual Campus or from VU website www. vu. edu. pk and apply for admission (subject to eligibility criteria) by posting filled admission form with required documents such as fee paid challan/Demand Draft (in original) to the nearest Virtual Campus or by emailing at Registrars’ Office (Admissions), Virtual University of Pakistan M. A. Jinnah Campus, Defence Road, Off Raiwind Road, Lahore. Tel: 111- 880 -880, Ext. 341 to 349.
Thanks for visiting our site which is compatible of Universities Admissions and details. We provide the best information about Virtual University 2016.
Official Website: Virtual University
Type: Research, Management Sciences, and Computer Science