SLIIT Colombo Admission
SLIIT Colombo Postgraduate Programmes
The SLIIT Colombo offers planned and targeted Masters’ Programmes to meet demands in the Information Technology (IT) industry.
The objective of these articulated Masters’ Programmes is to produce high quality graduates with advanced knowledge and skills in Information Technology at the Master’s degree level, who can apply such knowledge and skill to:
- Engineer innovative IT solutions for modern business and industry environments
- Utilize IT strategic planning know-how in enterprises that utilize large scale IT applications
- Provide expertise in the deployment of IT strategies
- Undertake research and development in IT for industry and business enterprises.
The Programmes are also structured in such a manner that those who intend to continue their studies up to PhD level will be provided with the necessary tools and the background needed to carry out more individual and self directed research involved in a PhD study.
Each of the M.Sc. Programmes will be of two years’ duration or four semesters of 14-16 weeks each. A candidate who successfully completes the first two semesters (one year) of the programme will be eligible to receive the Postgraduate Diploma.
SLIIT Colombo M.SC in INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
The M.Sc. in Information Technology is a two year programme specially designed for graduated in Information Technology/Computer Science and Computer Engineering fields. It is designed to provide a core of advanced knowledge in Information Technology supplemented by a range of optional subjects.
SLIIT Colombo Master Science of Information Technology
Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology Programs
This programme is specially designed for graduates in Information Technology/Computer Science and Computer Engineering fields.
M.Sc. in Information Technology is designed to provide a core of advanced knowledge in Information Technology supplemented by a range of options within the areas of Software Engineering, Computer Networks, e-business Technologies, Database Management and Administration, Business Information Systems, etc. The degree is designed to impart knowledge of current and emerging developments in IT as well as to provide an in-depth knowledge in advanced topics on Information Technology to master the challenges of information driven economy.
SLIIT Colombo Eligibility Requirements
Candidates applying for the M.Sc. Degree in Information Technology or Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology shall have one of the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology of the SLIIT Colombo.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science/Engineering from a University in Sri Lanka.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized University/Institute as approved by the SLIIT with relevant experience, where necessary.
- Membership of a recognized professional SLIIT Colombo in a relevant field as approved by SLIIT with relevant experience, where necessary.
SLIIT Colombo Core Modules
- Advanced Database Management
- Advanced Software Engineering and Software Engineering Tools and Metrics
- Advanced Operating Systems
- Distributed Computing and Web Services
- Information and Network Security
- Advanced Computer Networks
- IT Project Management
- Financial Systems in Business Processes
- Research Seminar
- Research Project
SLIIT Colombo Optional Module
- Artificial Machine Intelligence
- Image Processing
- Advanced Graphics and Multimedia
- Data Warehousing and Data Mining
- Human Computer Interaction
- E-Business and e-Commerce Applications
- Mobile Communication
- Parallel Computing
- Neural Networks
- Embedded System Design
- Advanced Software Development Tools
- Computer Applications for Organizations
- Internet Business Application Development
- Intelligent Systems
- Knowledge Management
- Bio Informatics
Thanks for visiting our site which is compatible of Universities Admissions and details. We provide the best information about SLIIT Colombo 2014.
Official Site: SLIIT Colombo Sri Lanka